Rev. Arthur Foy III Scholarship
Below you will find Guidelines and an Application Form for the Rev. Arthur Foy III Memorial Scholarship Fund. We are excited to be able to offer this scholarship in memory of Reverend Foy and his ministry’s emphasis on education. At least one scholarship of at least $1000 will be awarded to a high school student of color who is pursuing post-secondary education in a field of their choice.
We hope you will help us get the word out to qualified students. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Peace to you,
Rev. Anthony Galloway
St. Mark AME Church
Rev. Charlotte Frantz
Peace United Church of Christ
Click here for online recommendation form
Letters of recommendation can also be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
1111 N. 11th Ave East
Duluth, MN 55805
- Scholarship Fund account is held by Peace Church
- The checks and documentation are held by Peace Church.
- The accounting and fiscal management is provided by Peace Church.
- Anyone who wishes to contribute to the fund and receive tax credit may do so through their own church, St. Mark AME or through Peace Church.
- The scholarship is for a young person of color who is pursuing post-secondary education in a field of their choice. Preference will be given to the following (not necessarily in this order):
- Young people of color from the Duluth/Superior area
- Active members of a black congregation in the Duluth/Superior area
- First time college attendees from the family
- Demonstrated economic need
- At least one scholarship of at least $1000 is awarded annually.
- The scholarship is awarded in the spring shortly before graduation.
- The funds are paid directly to the school, not to the student.
- Application forms will be available sometime after February 1 of each calendar year at local churches and high schools and on the Peace Church website.
- Applications must be submitted by April 21.
- The finalists may be interviewed by the committee (made up of local clergy and\or members of local churches, and Reverend Foy’s wife, Jennifer Foy).
- The scholarship award announcement will be made after May 1.
- A special award ceremony will take place this summer. Presence at the award ceremony is required to receive a scholarship.
Information to be Included in the Application
Each application packet must include the following:
- Completed application form.
- Essay of approximately 500 words that explains student’s contributions to the community, extra-curricular activities, and leadership experiences.
- High school transcript.
- Academic reference from a teacher or counselor.