There are currently two positions open on the Peace Church staff–Children’s Ministry Coordinator and Nursery Staff.
1. Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Peace United Church of Christ in Duluth, MN, a vital and progressive Christian congregation with a growing number of families with children, is seeking a part-time Children’s Ministries Coordinator. This position will develop and manage the children’s Christian ministries program in coordination with the Lead Pastor, Faith Formation Minister and the Children’s Ministry Team. Immediate supervision by Faith Formation minister with oversight by the Lead Pastor.
HOURS OF WORK: Part-Time with specific hours and schedule to be developed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Examples of qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to:
- education and/or experience in early childhood education, elementary education, Sunday School programs, children’s music
- ability to relate to children and stamina to keep up with them
- good organizational skills
- ability to build trust with children and their parents
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (For full job description, click here)
Children’s Christian Education
Work in collaboration with the lead Pastor, Faith Formation Minister and Children’s Ministry team and volunteers to develop and coordinate the Peace Church children’s Christian education program on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Coordinate and supervise Peace nurseries’ hired staff and volunteers and assure the safety and comfort of children during nursery care.
Administrative, Training and Development
Organize and lead monthly Children’s Ministry Team meetings and write monthly articles for Peace newsletter and emails reminders of activities.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit cover letter and resume by mail to the above address, ATTN: Children’s Ministries or electronically to email@example.com Application review begins September 14 – position open until filled.
2. Peace Church Nursery Staff
Purpose: To provide care, support, and guidance for children birth-5 years old, as well as, provide a positive and safe atmosphere in the nursery for children and their families during Church services, Wednesday Night Programming, and special events.
Responsibilities/Skills Required: (for full job description, click here)
- Interact with children through play, books and conversation.
- Provide toileting and diapering needs for children when needed.
- Work with nursery volunteers, providing guidance and support when needed.
- Certified or willing to be certified in Pediatric CPR and First Aid.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
- Friendly and Fun!
Sundays – 9:30-11:30am
Wednesdays – 5:15-8:00pm (on rotation)
Special events as needed per your availability.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call the church office at 218-724-3637.