Our vision is to be an accessible, open and affirming community growing in Christian faith, committed to peace and justice, and reaching out in healing love to all of creation, including all people, respecting and valuing the diversity of people’s sexual orientation, race, culture, gender, age, opinions, and physical and mental abilities.
We are a diverse congregation. Young and old, single and married, liberal and conservative-all are welcome at Peace United Church of Christ (UCC).
The UCC style emphasizes openness to new ideas, intellectual integrity, and acceptance of diversity. We believe that Christianity is not simply a doctrine to be accepted, but a life to be lived, a faith to be expressed and celebrated. In keeping with these, Peace Church is dedicated to the pursuit of social justice, reaching out to persons in need.
- Do you want a church community that is open to all who wish to come together to worship God?
- Do you seek to be a follower of Jesus and live out his teachings of justice and grace?
- Do you take the Bible seriously, but not always literally?
- Are you looking for meaningful ways to serve God and others in the church, community, and world?
- Would you like a church where kids and youth are a visible and vital part of the community?
- Do you believe God is still speaking?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, Peace may be a good fit for you! We welcome you to attend worship any Sunday at 8:30 or 10:30.
We offer a series of two Inquirer’s Classes 3 times a year. (Next classes on Wednesdays September 27, 2017 and October 4, 2017 from 6-7pm in the Fireside Room.) This is a great opportunity to learn more about our local congregation as well as the UCC denomination. It’s a good time to meet others who worship here, ask questions, and see where you might fit in with all that goes on here at Peace Church.
Here’s some of what is covered in the classes.
- The UCC and Peace—an overview of our roots and beliefs told in video, booklet, and discussion.
- The grand tour—from the Sanctuary to the “tunnel” to the day care facility, with stops in between to hear about the library and the prairie garden.
- Peace today—our mission statement and long range planning process, teams and committees, volunteer ministry, and pledge forms.
If you have any questions, or if you wish to join Peace Church, talk to Pastor Kathy or call the church office at 218-724-3637.