“Ever feel like Jesus has been kidnapped by the Christian Right and discarded by the Secular Left? Saving Jesus Redux poses that provocative question and then invites us to consider finding our place not at either extreme, but somewhere in the middle. This program, an update of the popular Living the Questions studies, is provocative, sometimes challenging, and meant to invite questions, conversation, and personal reflection, but not necessarily agreement with the presenters.
Of the program’s twelve sessions we will explore these six:
1. Introduction: Jesus though the Ages Download Session 1 Study Guide
3. What can we know about Jesus (and How)? Download Session 3 Study Guide
5. Jesus’ Birth: Incarnation Download Session 5 Study Guide
7. Jesus’ Program: The Kingdom of God Download Session 7 Study Guide
10. The Atonement Download Session 10 Study Guide
11. The Resurrection of Christ Download Session 11 Study Guide
The basic format for each one-hour or 90-minute session includes conversation around the readings, a 30-minute video segment, and guided discussion. Watch a sample video and download the discussion participant materials from our Peace Church website. You may also pick up discussion participant materials in the office.
Discussion Groups are scheduled for these three times:
- Sun., 9:30-10:30 a.m. (Adult Forum) 3/9, 2014 – 4/13, 2014.
- Wed., 6:00-7:30 pm, Conf. Rm, 3/12 – 4/16, 2014;
- Thurs., 7:00-8:30 p.m. Fireside Rm 3/13 – 4/17, 2014;
It will help us plan for numbers if you can sign up. We will be glad to schedule a discussion group during a weekday if there is interest.
View Trailer for Series
Contact Jackie Falk at email@example.com with questions.