Peace Church Garden
Raising Food for CHUM Food Shelf
Have you checked out the vegetable gardens near the lower parking lot lately? You will see lots of cabbages, cucumbers, tomatoes, green pepper, romaine lettuce and bean plants.
Predictions of warmer weather will definitely speed production of vegetables in the next few weeks.
Soon you’ll be seeing a new banner proudly displaying our mission:
Want to help the gardeners? Weeding not your interest? Other suggestions are:
- Water gardens in the A.M. – we can give you instructions
- Drop off produce at the Chum food shelf
- Buy an extra bag (or more) of Garden Green Compost and deliver to church
- Purchase and donate an extra bag or two of wood chips for the garden paths
- Ridding yourself of old (but useable) garden tools? We could use them—especially pitchforks, watering cans, spades, gloves
- Donate some longer planks of untreated wood for some of the raised beds that need reconstruction
- Assist with rebuilding these beds (probably in the fall)