Sundays July 12, 19, 26, and August 2 – at 9:30 am in the Fireside Room
Our faith ancestors distinguished their lives from the dominant culture around them by stepping away for a period of time each week to say, “Yes,” to God’s presence gracing their lives. Drop in this summer once or all six times to consider these ways to practice Sabbath in your life.
We will read chapters from Wayne Muller’s book SABBATH: Restoring the Sacred Rhythm of Rest. The conversation will be hosted by Jane Rupel and Jackie Falk during the Adult Forum time: Sunday mornings at 9:30 in the Fireside Room. Below are the dates and the topics. Copies of the book will be available to borrow or buy It on Amazon.
- June 21: REST: A New Beginning – Begin Again Sabbath-Keeping 1 insert & Jane Kenyon Poem 6-21-15
- June 28: RHYTHM: A Rhythm of Creation – A Sabbath Walk Sabbath-Keeping 2 insert 6-28-15
- July 12: RHYTHM: Let it Be – Prayer Sabbath-Keeping 3 insert 7-12-15
- July 19: HAPPINESS: Sensuality & Delight – Take Off Your Shoes Sabbath-Keeping 4 insert 7-19-15
- July 26: WISDOM: Being Sabbath – Thinning Sabbath-Keeping 5 insert 7-26-15
- August 2: A SABBATH DAY: Evening, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Leaving Sabbath Time